- recordings of this course when it was delivered live, in 3 parts.
- course manual PDF
- all the homework links
- in addition, a 40 minute private session with me to answer questions and address issues specific either to you or your students and clients.
Learn to understand the huge changes and symptoms of menopause and how they affect women’s ability and reaction to exercise, diet and more. You may notice changes in your female clients as early as their mid-30s. Changes in mood, energy, stamina, injury and recovery rate, weight etc. and that they/you are not getting the same results from your recommendations.
In fact, your recommendations may be unwittingly making things worse…
There is a bigger array of effects of this phase for ALL women than you might imagine. When you understand them, you will be clear as to why your knowledge about this life phase is essential, if you are to support your clients effectively and responsibly. Health and wellness MUST be adjusted to this enormous, body-wide biochemical shift.
Among many other things this course will:
- Empower you to know what you can and can’t help with through your work.
- Enable you to help women to understand what is going on in their bodies, and thereby empower them to know:
- what struggles are normal
- what can be eased and supported through your work
- when they should seek additional sources of help
- Help you get to grips with the physiological changes that influence the negative or positive impact of your work and recommendations.
- Give you greater understanding of where what you offer may need to be tweaked for the changing needs of the body and nervous system, in the (on average 7.5 year) transition to menopause, and in the years to follow.
- Help you understand why what you usually offer, and have seen successfully aid a woman’s health, fitness and confidence seems not to have the expected results anymore
- Teach you to recognise where in her hormonal phase a woman is, possibly even before she recognises it.
- Teach you the biochemistry, symptoms and health risk changes of the perimenopause transition and the years beyond menopause, offering you tools to support those health risk changes.
- Give you peer-reviewed research-backed information on nutrition, exercise, stress and sleep support specific for the stages of menopause and over the important years of your clients late 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s
- Inform you of researched medical, complimentary and supportive options that are available to women.
- Educate you as to what reasons, other than average reproductive ageing, will cause a loss of the reproductive hormones.
“Niamh has a no frills attached teaching skill which is inclusive, respectful, honest and open, I loved every minute of this training, and feel it is something we should all be exposed to.” Christine Stewart
This course will give you a deep knowledge and understanding of the many ways a woman can be affected by pre-, peri- and post-menopause. It will help you learn how much the way you teach her, and the practices you put at her disposal, can make a huge difference to the ease or struggle with which she navigates this intense time.
Beginning in our 40s, it’s likely that your clients will start to feel frightening changes in their bodies long before they expect to. With this lack of awareness, and this disarming sensation, come a lot of fear. Your knowledge after this course could reach a woman before she descends into the potential anxiety, low mood and fear that can characterize this time.
Led by Niamh Daly, Worldwide Menopause Educator, Nutrition coach, Yoga & Pilates Teacher & Teacher Trainer
Niamh has been teaching since 2004, and teaching Yoga for Menopause since 2015. She has taught more than 150 women in classes, workshops and 1:1 specifically with regard to their menopausal transition.
- PDF 30 page manual
- Recordings to your inbox (2 months access)
- Free attendance at 1 future live run of this course