There is no other tried and tested, self-paced course in Teaching Yoga for Menopause, of this quality, with so many satisfied graduates.
Hundreds of teachers from across the world have graduated.
You can now access 35+ hours of content at your leisure for 1 year
You will meet Niamh one-to-one
You can choose to do the assessments or not. Once you pass your assessments, you will be awarded your certificate of completion.
“This course was of such a high standard, I will be recommending it to all.” Melissa Curtis, Senior Yoga Teacher and Trainer.
“So many midlife women here absolutely love everything I learn in your course it’s been a stepping stone into my own journey through it all as well & feel the path is much easier to navigate myself through it.” Jennifer Goerling, Course Graduate, Australia
- Over 80% of Yoga students in the western world are women*.
- All of them who live into their late 30s or 40s will feel the effects of the stages of menopause.
- Menopause is symptomatic and real, and often very difficult.
- It’s likely that your students will start to feel frightening changes in their bodies long before they expect to.
- With this lack of awareness, and this disarming sensation, come a lot of fear.
- Your knowledge after this course could reach a woman before she descends into the potential ill-health, anxiety, low mood and isolation that can characterise this time, and affect the rest of her life.
This course is steeped in the tradition of Yoga but is also deeply pragmatic:
- There is no pose, or sequence of poses that will stop or reduce particular symptoms. There is a lack of research to back up such a claim. However you will learn that what & how you teach may need to be adjusted to avoid that which may unwittingly hurt your student, physically, socially, mentally and emotionally, and how to use and add to your skills in ways that are relevant to the changing lived experience, biochemistry and structure of your clients.
- The information that you will learn regarding medical awareness and approaches is via contribution from Consultant Endocrinologist of 30 years, Dr Annice Mukherjee. She is a leading light in Menopause treatment and care, who is currently spearheading the campaign for balanced, mutiple-study-research-based information about the use of HRT in the face of the current dramatic and polarising media headlines.
- What you will learn in your nutrition module by Petra Fulham NT, BSc, is far from recommendations of extreme diets, but also multiple-study-based adjustments tailored to supporting the vulnerabilities and needs of the changing female mid-life and later-life environment.
*When I use the term female, or woman, I am referring to anyone who has, or had ovaries, and is experiencing, or about to experience the reduction of oestrogen and progesterone. The loss of female sex hormones has the same effect whether from early or average onset menopause, surgical or medicinally-induced menopause, for reasons of choice or the treatment of illness.
Yoga for Menopause course content
- The biochemistry of the stages of menopause
- Health concerns
- The changing needs of a woman’s body, particularly regarding exercise
- Physical anatomy changes
- The role of stress
- The use of language
- Trauma-sensitive teaching
- HRT This includes a contribution by Dr Annice Mukherjee, Consultant Endocrinologist with 30 years experience working with menopause.
- What Yoga can do for the common, passing, and long-term effects of menopause including:
- Science of stretch
- Resistance bands
- Restorative Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Somatic movement
- Application of touch
- Neuroanatomy & in-class brain function techniques
- Vagal nerve
- CBT and it’s proven effects
- The role of pleasure
- Nutrition (contribution by Petra Fulham, BSc, Nutritional Therapist)
- Quiz questions answered
- Integration assessment
- Written piece (2,000 words)
- PDF 60 page manual to use as a resource through your years of teaching
- 35 hours teaching
- Post-course assessment (if you choose to do it)
- 1 hour mentoring/Q&A session
- Donation to breast Cancer Research
- Free inclusion, for 1 year, in the directory of Yoga for Menopause Teachers