Why does your company need this talk?
1) Menopause is an Equality Issue
- Menopause, and the preceding symptomatic phase of perimenopause, happens to all women, usually from their 40s, but even from their late 30s.
- It’s an occupational health issue, because workplace conditions have the potential to impact on the severity of symptoms.
- In this way it is covered by the employment equality acts.
- Menopause can be disabling in a variety of ways, and provision for access to what a woman needs to enable her to attend work comfortably is a must in any workplace.
- Legislation for menopause leave is being discussed in the EU. Your workplace conditions may reduce the time a woman needs to take off.
2) There are women in your company silently struggling right now
- Menopausal women are the fastest growing demographic in the workplace.
- Many of them are struggling with the up-to 40 symptoms of perimenopause.
- Research shows that menopause is still a taboo subject in the workplace, with reactions ranging from understanding, to insensitive, to lacking sympathy and even criticism.
- This leads to secrecy, secrecy leads to increased stress, which leads to an exacerbation of symptoms, resulting in more time off work.
3) Women are beginning to speak up
- This is the first generation of women who are beginning to understand this life-phase
- Women are growing in awareness of their rights.
- Women in their 40s and 50s are beginning to speak more openly about menopause together, and are growing in resolution.
- These women encounter ignorance and a lack of support in the workplace.
- Backed up by a rising awareness in the media, they are beginning to make demands for support.
What will this talk bring to your workforce?
- You and your colleagues will learn recognized strategies to implement in the workplace.
- It will allow your female workforce to feel heard and supported.
- It will help male and female colleagues, line-managers and bosses to understand the difficulties facing these women, AND assure them as to their ongoing capability and productivity.
- With a whole company talk, those who are more private will not need to speak about uncomfortable symptoms, or go to bosses for help, but may still have needs met to ease them.
- Women who may be worried about their mental or physical health will be reassured.
- Knowing that they are being supported, and that they may not need to struggle in silence will significantly, positively impact stress levels.
- The resultant reduction of stress will mean that they will feel better, resulting in better productivity and fewer sick-days.
- I have over 15 years experience teaching in corporate environments.
- I am a specialist in my field in the area of the stages of menopause.
- I am a woman who has experienced menopause and the struggles and capabilities of the time, and come “out the other side” healthy and capable.
- I offer education about what menopause is, and how you can improve a woman’s comfort in the workplace.
- In addition, I offer easy tools within the talk that ALL your workforce can employ to ease stress which is a major factor in MOST health issues and sick-days.
- I add to this simple nutritional advice to support productivity, ease symptoms and futureproof the health of ALL your workforce.
- I have been interviewed many times on radio and TV, and regularly deliver online and live trainings in one of only two courses worldwide training teachers in yoga for the stages of menopause.
- I am a confident, intelligent speaker, but with a light touch and humour, allowing your employees to feel at ease, and to leave the talk with a lightness of spirit and a sense of what is possible.
Get in touch to arrange a chat, look at dates and prices.